Here are a few tips I have for shooting modern stock video.
- Create a real story, break it down into scenes, and shoot it.
- Using models that are used to still photos might be a challenge, find actors or people used to being in live action.
- Don’t shoot with auto white balance, you’ll have a very hard time in post processing.
- Aim for a flat file, with less contrast and saturation than your still images.
- Make your camera movements intentional.
- Don’t forget to get a mix of perspectives.
These are the tips I’ve learned in my first year or so of shooting stock videos for Stocksy United. It has been a great journey transitioning from a primarily still photographer. Shooting video is a great challenge.